General License Information:
- Licenses and permits are valid from Oct. 1 through Sept. 30.
- All hunters must have a valid hunting license in their possession.
- Children under the age of 12 may not hunt wildlife.
- Hunters under age 16 must apply for a license in person and be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- New hunters must complete a mandatory hunter education course to obtain a hunting license.
Sporting licenses may be purchased over the counter at license-issuing outlets, bait shops and in village and town clerk offices.
Please respect landowners’ rights and property.
Be familiar with fishing and hunting regulations. When you purchase a hunting license, you should receive a NYS Hunting and Trapping Regulations Guide. See the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) Web site for additional information or call 1-866-933-2257.