Oswego County has 12 World and State Record Fish.
Click on the image to see for yourself!
Join the Pennsylvania Outdoor Life expo winners of a charter fishing trip on Lake Ontario with Strike King Charters in search of giant king salmon. See links below:
Few areas in the Northeast offer the quality and diversity of fishing found in Oswego County. From trolling on Lake Ontario for trophy trout, salmon and walleyes to fly fishing for wild brook trout in a freestone stream tucked away in the wilderness of the Tug Hill Plateau, Oswego County offers angling opportunities unmatched in New York State. Here are a couple videos of fishing Lake Ontario & the Salmon River from Oswego County.
- Fishing Reports
- Charters & Guides
- Fishing Services
- Fish Hatcheries
- Where to Fish
- Fish Species Guide
- World & State Records
- DEC Regulations, License Information, Maps
- Public Boat Launches in Oswego County
Read First-Hand Fishing Experiences:
Download the NEW Oswego County Fishing App
Protect the Contents of Your Tackle Box
We know that sportsmen and women are the watchdogs of our waterways. Still, our ponds, lakes, and rivers are being littered with worn-out soft plastic lures. Commit to stopping litter – including used tackle. When a soft plastic lure is worn or damaged, dispose of it properly. Recycle it or pitch it in a trash can. It’s that simple. To find out more visit, http://www.pledgetopitchit.org/
- Salmon River Kings Video
- Lake Ontario Brown Trout Fishing Video
- Salmon River Steelhead Video
- Lake Ontario Fishing Videos
- Video: Randy Calus and some great tips on how to catch spring brown trout on Lake Ontario. Take your kids fishing!
- New York State Outdoor Writers Association on Facebook
- Association of Fish & Wildlife Agencies
- Health Advice on Eating Fish You Catch